As I mentioned earlier, we started off with a bowl of oatmeal (off plan) and didn't get our food around noon. So we were a little on the famished side and dug right in.
S. had a strawberry crunch bar - "surprisingly not rancid" (his words) and would eat again!
I had a bowl of wild rice and chicken soup. It was decent, although I think it would move up a notch on the yumm scale if a) I didn't overcook it and b) I added salt, and a lot of it.
We then moved on to our mid afternoon snack around 2 where S. partook in the chicken noodle soup, which he likened to the Lipton soup and gave that a two diet thumbs up. I had the strawberry cream shake.
Now I forgot to mention that we decided to mix in a lot of the food we wouldn't normally go for or really dislike, and eat it in the beginning. We were told that the first few days were the worst, so why not make it super bad and give us something to look forward to when we're feeling better?
I bring this up because I hate strawberry shakes, strawberry ice cream, and a bunch of other strawberry items that aren't either real strawberries or jam.
The shake I had was not a hit with either of us (Steven decided to sample what little I had remaininig) and I was bummed he didn't like it as I wanted to trade my strawberry for his orangscicle. :-/
Anyway, then we had our 4p snack and it consisted of the orange cream shake (the orangscicle) for S. (who was not a fan but I thought it was super yummy) and then a lemon merengue bar for me, which was "eh".
The best meal of the day is the lean and green (where you cook for yourself) by far. We had 5 and 6 oz of roasted chicken - no skin - (I had 5 because it was dark meat), 3/4 cup of cucumbers, and 3/4 cup of green beans. Steven poured a tiny bit of rice vinegar on my cucumbers and a pinch of sea salt for the beans. His meal was a little more crazy. I think it was the same thing, except he also added truffle salt to his beans, and paprika and chipotle powder to his chicken. We also took a long time to eat, drinking plenty of water during the meal, and are pleasantly full.
We have one more Medifast meal for dessert tonight and then it's on to day 2.
So far, we've decided that it's not the diet that will kill us, it's each other. Our irritability is through the roof. Thank goodness we can make each other laugh after we've yelled at each other and we realize what the other is going through.
At any rate, we're still trucking on with a positive outlook and can't wait to get to our goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment