Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Intense

We got our "big ol" home study packet in the mail yesterday. I quickly opened it to find a huge, red folder filled to the max with everything but the kitchen sink.

We started reading contracts, papers, packets and then it hits S. - "WE'RE ADOPTING!!!!" was the gleeful scream that emanated from his mouth.

This paperwork is crazy intense (and rightfully, so - I mean I get it and all). They want to know our finances, our family history, our thoughts on child rearing, what will happen to the children in the event of an accident, and many other deeply intimate questions.

In addition to this, they require us to get fingerprinted, have a health exam, take a 10 hour education course on adopting, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

We quickly got to the paperwork to fill everything out.

Here's to the next step...










1 comment:

  1. Boy that sure is a lot of paperwork! It's worth it though. :) Congrats on your decision to adopt! I know your child will have a warm, loving environment in which to grow!

    ReplyDelete