Saturday, January 3, 2009

And so it begins

I re-joined sparkpeople and am hoping to have S. and the parents join, as well. Sparkpeople really helps you track your food intake and your exercise. You can either follow their meal and exercise plan or make your own. They even have an online community where you can join with other people, who share similar stories, and get encouragement and help. The best thing about this site is that it's absolutely FREE. On occasion you may get an ad that pops up, but I don't mind as that's what keeps it free.

I had a great day yesterday with the food I ate, even when I thought we had messed up for dinner. I tracked everything and was on the low side of my daily allowance! YAY. S. then hooked up with Wii and we started the Wii fit again. I took the fitness test and according to the Wii my BMI is 28 and change and my wii fit age is 44!!! I went through just about everything and really like the yoga part. S.'s BMI is 30 and change and his wii fit age went up to 50 something! (I think it was 52)

We both realized how incredibly out of shape and sedentary we are. And just reinforced why we're doing this.

We are also going to start the "Couch to 5K" run.
It basically starts you off walking and sprinkles in a few light 90 second jogs, by the end of the plan (week 9) you're running 5K.

I look forward to March 28th and to a bright, healthy future with my husband, my family, and the little ones to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment