Monday, July 20, 2009

Energy Shields Are At Maximum Capacity, Captain!

I admit, I came into MediFast thinking I would eventually find out that I had been duped and the whole direct selling thing is a sham preying on the weak and the fat. I convinced my husband to just give it a try anyway as we were out of control and if we didn't get a hold of ourselves right then and there, we'd be on the Discovery channel talking about how we're both 800lbs and eating a billion calories a day.

But I admit I was wrong. I was very wrong about you, MediFast.

You have somehow retooled our way of thinking, of eating, and how I feel about myself. Maybe it's a drug in the food, but whatever it is I like it.

I go out to eat and make SMART choices (ok, so the 2 glasses of red wine aren't smart, BUT I do realize that I need to add about 10 extra minutes of exercise the day before and after to make up for that choice).

AND I have a LOT of energy. I love going out for out walks and if it's getting close to 2 days since I last walked, I get antsy and irritable. My body now craves movement. Once I get started I can't stop. If I come home after a walk and still have energy to burn, I'm running up and down our stairs, or doing lunges, or dancing to good ol MJ.

I also used to spend HOURS in front of the TV or the computer. And now I get antsy if I'm there for too long. I need to get up, to move, to DO SOMETHING. (As a matter of fact I'm running to my room to change into my walking gear as soon as I'm done with this blog!)

I love how bright the future looks for my husband and I and I really feel that in these short 7 weeks on the plan we have been taught a valuable lesson on eating wisely. You can have a cheat meal once in a blue moon - BUT do something to counter act that choice and add in a few extra crunches and 15 min extra on the cardio. And don't beat yourself up. Feel great about that choice. It's a wise one.

1 comment:

  1. That's how i feel when i don't exercise for more than a couple days. GOOD FOR YOU GUYS! :-)

    ReplyDelete