Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Birth Advocacy

I feel like I hit the jackpot of birthing info today. Every day I try to research something new, I usually bring it back to my natural birth board online if it hasn't been brought up, and I save it for future use in my favorites.

Today I got not one, not two, but 3 pieces of great information to add to the hopper and I really want to share this with you.

1.) The Lie of the EDD: Why Your Due Date Isn't when You Think

This article was found on the blog of www.mothersnaturally.org, posted on August 15, 2009. Take a look and read through it. I found it overwhelming considering the increasing rates of low birth weight babies, babies with lung development issues, etc. It is thought that just because your baby is "term" it is perfectly safe to come out.

2.)Midwifes & Mothers in Action

Midwifes & Mothers in action is a culmination of midwifery organizations banded together to promote midwifery, midwifery awareness, and life state midwifery bans - all at federal level. Please forward this information on to others - donate, volunteer, get involved.



3.) Citizens for Midwifery

I found this site after combing through MAMA's site seeing how I could get involved. I realized this organization is exactly what I needed. And I decided to join. So now I am an official member of the Citizens for Midwifery!

No comments:

Post a Comment