Wednesday, March 30, 2011

40 days and 40 nights...and counting

I was debating on whether or not I should blog this since I try to keep some aspects of my life personal and private, but it's obviously a HUGE part of my life and consuming my thoughts. I'd much rather just get it out instead of sit and stew on it.

I chart my cycles. My friend got me hooked on fertilityfriend.com and I've been using it for a good 2-3 years. Through this I've noticed that I have cycles that are like CLOCKWORK and I've come to love how in-tune with my body I am. I know I spot 2-3 days prior, I know that I ovulate early and have a 14 day luteal phase, and I know that my cycle is not the average 28 days, rather it's anywhere from 24-26 - usually resting on 25.

As of today, I'm running on a 40 day cycle. Yes, you read that right. 40 days.

Here's my chart:
My Ovulation Chart

The line in the middle is me playing around with my estimated date of ovulation, but to be honest...I'm thinking that isn't correct. As you can see, I've taken multiple tests - all negative - and so I'm at a loss. The whole thing has consumed my thoughts, from pregnancy to PCOS to ...

I will be heading into the good ol docs next week should I not get a visit from the period fairy and, yes, I will update.

Suggestions or thoughts are encouraged below.

2 comments:

  1. First off, Im so happy you are back to blogging again! Your voice was missed. Second your cycle could be off from the stress of recent events and the wieght gain from that stress. Ofcourse when your cycle is off it causes you to stress even more and the vicious cycle continues (no pun intended). I know its not anything super insightful but personally Im like clockwork until I get super stressed and when I gained about 30lbs rather quickly following a particularly bad break up.
    Sorry if I couldnt be more helpful.
    I hope you find a way to breathe and take care of yourself while waiting for your baby.
    You have earned it.
    You are in my thoughts.
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, of course its consuming your thoughts! Our bodies are so strange, but no worries your baby will come one way or another. Hopefully sooner rather than later right? Love you!

    ReplyDelete