Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Book Report: Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Wechsler

Although I bought and started this book what feels like forever ago, I finally got the push to finish it and I'm glad I did. There is a lot of great information that is gone over - from basic charting lessons (basal body temp, cervical fluid, and cervix checks) to conditions that could be preventing pregnancy (stress, anovulatory cycles, and even luteal phase problems). In addition to charting and pregnancy-related issues, Toni Wechsler also discusses topics such as how to achieve a certain sex and even goes into detail about PMS.

There were other books mentioned in this one that I'm very curious about and will look into (and report back). Another great feature of this book that I liked was the picture section showing cervical fluid and cervical positions. I only wish I could find info on what a "healthy" menstrual flow looks like - especially since she mentions issues with a thin uterine lining (something I may be looking into).

The only issue I had with the book was the repetition. I felt she kept saying the same thing over and over and not in the "let me stress how important this is" manner, it was more like "I promised my editor a big, fat book and I need to meet that promise" kind of way. But this doesn't detract from the fact that there is a lot of great information in here and is something EVERY woman needs to read and practice.

My rating: **** (out of 5)

---------

If you're interested in charting to take control of your cycles, visit http://www.ovusoft.com/ or http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

Ovusoft is the official software of TCOYF. They have a CD ROM that only works with PCs, however they just released an online version that I've been told is good.

I, personally, use Fertility Friend and find it works great for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love that book too! The PC software is amazing, but the online software is still not up to par yet. I hope they fix it soon, though!

    ReplyDelete