Friday, May 21, 2010

Finding it hard

Recently I've been trying very hard to live more Christ-like. I want to be more loving towards people, accepting, and humbled. Instead of arguing my point, I just ignore it, don't say anything in response or give a loving side. It is not an easy task.

I'm also attempting to be less critical and judgmental of people because most of the time we don't know the full story. (Or as the old saying goes "don't judge a (wo)man unless you've walked a mile in their shoes".)

1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." Matthew 7:1-5

Just like everything in life that worth achieving - it's all hard. It's hard running a business, it's hard taking 5-6 classes a semester, it's hard to realize you may never be able to become pregnant, it's hard going through a process of adoption, and it's hard trying to be the good person that God calls me to be (and the person I want to lead an example for my children) - but as Philippians 4:13 reads, "I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me."

3 comments:

  1. AMen. Its hard but there's always help. Love you Lovies! Hope the adoption process and everything else is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder of what to strive for. I so needed that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO right there with you. I've been struggling with the same efforts in trying to be more Christ-like. But in recognizing and acknowledging your faults and moving to correct them, you are already well on your way to living a more virtuous life. You're going to be a wonderful role model for your children.

    ReplyDelete