Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Surely make you lose your mind

I'm talking about Life in the Fast Lane...

This semester is coming to a rapid close and I have 3 reports to get done within the next 2 weeks. I'm freaking out a lot.

S. and I finally cleaned the bejesus out of our house this passed Sunday. It felt awesome. We even invited friends over for a BBQ to relax afterwards. Hopefully we'll be able to stay on top of it so it doesn't get to the crazy out of hand mess we just had.

We are also in a huge project at work working on updating our marketing plan. I need to get a bunch of stuff done by the end of this week so we can have our site, collateral, and whatnot, live by the end of May. That's in 4 weeks and I'm having a heart attack just thinking about it. This coupled with my 3 reports is making me a gigantic mess.

I was going to take 4 classes over the summer, but after talking with S., and realizing that our quality of life right now is not a happy one, I decided to take the summer off and focus on our company. (And take a MUCH needed break.)

As for my future semesters, I'm going to stick with a 3-4 class load (much easier than my current 5) and just suck up the fact that I'll be graduating a year later than I anticipated. This makes me very sad and I begin to wonder if I should just suck it up now and bear a huge load...who knows, though. I just want to get this done before I have a child.

1 comment:

  1. You need to do what is right for you. Stress does a lot to a body and NONE of it is good. Just because you accomplish something at a slower pace doesn't mean that you are any less accomplished, driven, educated, or inspired. It means that you have a husband, job and child to think about and your health (physically and mentally) are important. Don't over do it. It's not worth it. Life should be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete