May 2012 sounds like a long time away. It's definitely not a date we anticipated seeing without Baby G., but that is a possibility we need to get used to.
All of the paper pregnant families, those of us who have gone through all of our paperwork and procedures and are simply waiting, in our program were notified that our program has grown so much that we need to anticipate the full 18 month wait.
I read this notice over and over on January 1st, talked about it with S., and wrote back and forth with another paper pregnant friend in our same program. I initially was okay with the news. S., on the other hand, was frustrated and confused. 2012?!?
The more I mulled it over the more anxious I became and the more I realized (again) I am NOT in control. This whole process, growing our family, everything is not in my control.
I have blogged about my struggles and realizations of God's Will before, but this adoption process has really been a great constant reminder that He is in control.
We are more calm now and re-energized for the wait - whether it's 3 months, 8 months, or the full 18. Thank you for the continued thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes. We are so glad we can bring you on this journey with us.
You just never know!!! Plan for 18 months and you'll be pleasantly surprised if He has other plans and it happens sooner :) Your baby comes directly from Him and on His terms whether that is Bio or Adopted....we are all at His mercy on this M!!! Hang In There - the ride is tough and it's not easy but the reward at the end - I commonly refer to as my pot of gold that was at the end of the rainbow - is WELL worth it!!! Sending big hugs!
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for guidance and strength for you guys. Hang in there, your time will come.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. I'm on the ride with you. Up and down we go.
ReplyDeleteWe fully trust in Him and patiently wait His timing. We know He is in control and we want His will for our lives. But, it's also nice to know that, we are going through the same thing, though we are thousands of miles apart, we have each other to lean on. God bless our journey - while we wait and when our babies come.