Apart of our process to become parents is to take 10 hours of education classes on topics such as "All About International Adoption" and "Conspicuous Families."
Initially we weren't too thrilled, but realized that some of these courses were actually insightful and will even be super helpful.
For example, Conspicuous Families is all about getting us to think about how we will not only integrate a baby who doesn't look like us into our family, but how we will promote their heritage and even thwart evil and rude comments from outsiders.
This wasn't something we thought much of - but after this course it really has us thinking and we feel more ready for the future.
This blog will lead me to my next which is more of a vent, I guess...Or maybe a "How to handle Yourself around an adopted family" post - yeah, I think that's better since I'm all about educating and being educated. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment