Or something like that. But the bottom line is we've got the 100% green light and now we go through home study revision phase.
Here's our checklist:
* Passport (because ours got stolen last August...still bitter about that. I lost my first 2 stamps from ever being outside the country! UGH!)
* Letter to our prospective birth mother. I'm both nervous as anything and excited to write this letter. This is our opportunity to reach out to a brave woman in another country, to tell her why S. and I will do our best to give that child everything she can't, and why we are so humbled at her strength. It's our brief connection that transcends race, culture, and religion.
* More Government Forms to fill out and send in.
* Visit to the Agency.
* Then we wait...
Our emotions are so indescribable right now.
Ihave no doubt in my mind that your letter will be poignant and perfect. If I were a birth mother I would fly to America to give you a child! I cannot wait to finally see you in the role of a mother- you will surely shine! Hopeufully your wait wont be too long. I saw a quote the other day and thought of you:
ReplyDelete"You didn't grow under my heart- you grew in it."
Thank you TONS, C! Your encouragement is really uplifting and I'm so lucky to know you.
ReplyDelete