Monday, April 26, 2010

Realizing that changes seriously need to be made

I can't beat myself up too much here because I am taking on a full load at school, working my rear off at the office, and trying to still be social and active, however our lives need some major spring cleaning if we're planning on a baby.

Our house needs a SERIOUS deep clean. Like scrubbed floors/walls/cabinets, windows, etc. Every crack and crevice needs to be attacked. We walk in the house and it smells gnarly. I know it doesn't help that we have 4 animals contributing to the chaos, but seriously ICK!

My allergies are suffering because of this, too, and it makes me cringe to think about a baby in here.

I'm surprised we don't have permanent residents in our kitchen (i.e. mice or other creepy crawlies).

If you walked into my house you probably wouldn't see things as I do. You'd say something like "Oh, pfsh! M. it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. It's fine!" But truth of the matter, it's not fine. It's disgusting and it makes me sad that I am not able to dedicate the time we need to this house that will be our first child's home.

On top of that, S. and I really need to start getting a schedule in order. We need to maximize our efficiency at work so he's not taking so much work home (as he's been doing), which opens up "family time." I'm having nightmares about this continuing on as I'm playing with our baby and he's on the computer working away our baby's childhood.

But as for good news, we've been through about a month+ of scheduling our meals (we had a rough week a little while back). We're cooking at home more and it's way healthier. We haven't brought in any red-meat to our house since then, either. It's either tofu, ground turkey, chicken, or some kind of fish. It's great!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like someone has "nesting" syndrome. :) That's fantastic! :) It will happen. And honestly, you will make it happen when baby comes. Babies don't need a whole lot except two loving parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing about "nesting"! And I hear ya on getting work schedules to be more efficient, especially for the daddies... can we start a work rehab/support group for our hubbies? :)

    ReplyDelete