Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Movie Review: Pregnant in America

I finally got "Pregnant in America" from Netflix. S. and I watched it Monday night and enjoyed it. It was a cute movie, made by a first time father to be who was outraged at the maternity system in America. It actually made S. feel better to know that he wasn't alone. ;)

One segment talked about how there is no oversight over the medical community with regards to what drugs can and can not be used for labor - specifically CYTOTEC. This one family interviewed has been petitioning the FDA for help in banning it's use in obstetric care, however their response was that they had no jurisdiction over that. Disgusting.

The rest of the movie, for me, was all info I'm very well aware of so it didn't have the punch power, but still had some great info nonetheless. And any one that rolls the great Ina May Gaskin, Mardsen Wagner, and some OBs pissed at the system into their film deserves an A+ in my book. ;)

1 comment: