About 3 years ago I got hit with adult acne. I thought I had missed the high school/teenaged acne bus and was home free. Ha! So I tried different creams, masks, cleansers and nothing worked. It felt like it was getting worse. I also started charting my cycles and noticed that when I got to my luteal phase I'd have even more acne.
So to a dermatologist I went. She ended up prescribing a low dose of antibiotics, a prescription-only cream, and then asked me to wash with La Roche Posay (2 different cleansers, one for night and one for morning). Just about $100 later, I noticed things were getting better.
Then we start trying for Baby G. Thankfully I had a follow up with my dermatologist as she yanks me off the pills and cream - not suitable for a growing baby in the womb. So within a month or two, the acne was back. Now I'm even more worried about getting pregnant because progesterone seems to have an ill-effect on my face and when pregnant your body surges with that hormone - oy vey!
Well, a year and a half passes and I'm at the end of my rope. I'm tired of masking the acne with layers of make-up; tired of not wanting to wash the make-up off my face as I'm too embarrassed even to let S. see my face; tired of walking around feeling so insecure with myself.
I finally decided to try the oil cleansing method. The oil cleansing method is easy - you take caster oil and sunflower oil, mix it together (proportions are in the link provided), rub it on your face, steam your face, and done! You only do this at night, no need to clean in the morning.
I wish I had taken before and after photos for your viewing pleasure, however the thought of having my acne-filled face on the internet forever makes me cringe. But take my word for it, I am SO SO SO happy with the results. S. even notices a HUGE difference. He's excited for me just because he knew how much it bothered me. He's even started cleansing his face with the mix and LOVES it. The cost is also amazing - $4 for sunflower oil and $6ish for caster oil and it LASTS! I love that it's all-natural, too.
So here I am, a week and change later, feeling like a new woman. I can go out of the house with just powder and blush and feel confident about my face.
I should try this!!! I had maybe 4 pimples my entire teenage career. I turned 21 and I started breaking out in my luteal phase- like you. I always feel like people will think I'm 17 because of my pimples. :( I started nightly washing off my makeup, soaking a washcloth in hot water then draping it on my face for about a minute. Then I do a baking soda scrub. twice a week I do an egg white mask. The evil witch (AF) is 5 days away and I have NO pimples!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete