Yesterday afternoon I headed back to my desk to find an email from our agency coordinator.
Our photo book is approved.
I was shocked as I just had a breakdown about it earlier in the morning. The stars are aligning - God is watching over us.
I ran in to S.'s office yelling and clapping letting him know we're approved. He smiles and says "hooray! BABY!" I head back to my desk to respond to the email (as there was a question in there), I hit send and lose my mind. I begin crying and crying and S. comes over and gives me the biggest hug I've ever received from him. He whispers how much he loves me and how he's so excited that we are literally one step closer to our family.
I tell him I cry tears of happiness, tears of release - the past (almost) 9 months of paperwork, appointments, meetings, and waiting has all come to a head.
We are now a waiting family - waiting to be told a mother has chosen S. and I to parent their baby, waiting to meet our baby, waiting to be a family of 3.
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.
*tears!!* I am SO happy for you two!!
ReplyDeleteJust wait?? Just???? I think this is going to be the hardest part!
I am SO freaking excited for you both. I better hear your scream of joy from up here when you actually get "the call". Are you both ready? Do you need anything? What do you need help with?
It's amazing to think that it's been 9 months since the start of this journey....the same amount of time as a pregnancy. :)
So so so so so so excited!
this made me cry despite not being what I thought. It is a HUGE step- no a LEAP- in the direction of parentland and familyville. <3 I feel so blessed to be along for the ride on this journey of yours!
ReplyDeleteYay it's letting me post a comment now :)
ReplyDeleteI couldn't be happier for you guys! The hardest part starts now....but it's exciting at the same time!
Like I said on FB - during this time I did a lot of praying for the BioMom's I just cannot imagine making the decision they are making and the never ending gratitude that we feel because of their selfless act! I prayed for their strength.
Hang In There - your exciting journey is just beginning, we can't wait to follow along!