Thursday, November 12, 2009

Neglected health

We worked so hard to learn to eat right, add exercise and take care of ourselves. What we didn't learn is how to manage this in incredibly busy and stressful times.

We started our journey in the summer, where everyone was on vacation so sales/business was a little less rushed, I only had 2 classes (one was done in 3 weeks and the other was online) so I had extra time, and the sun was out later so even if we got home at 6:30, we could still go for a walk.

S. and I are working until 7 or 8 most nights, our eating schedule is chaotic, stress levels are higher since work is really pouring in (thank you, Jesus) and I'm taking 4 classes this semester (3 at school and 1 internet). Thankfully, we have NOT touched fast food, which is something we swore off for as long as humanly possible - if not forever. But the thing I miss the most is the exercising and the energy. I'm finding myself to be very lethargic and tired all the time.

I'm happy to feel like I'm not near the place we were before with our health, but I'm definitely not happy with myself now. So I have made 3 goals for myself:

1.) Eat my big meal at lunch. It seems easy, but we are normally "too busy" and end up grabbing a small sandwich or a salad, and then are starving for dinner, which leads to us going out since it's too late to cook.

2.) Remember the small snacks in between. The one thing Medifast taught us was to never let yourself get to be "starving." We bought nuts, some high-fiber cereal, and a bunch of other good snack items for the office, but we usually get too busy to remember to eat. I really want to reincorporate this back into our life as I know it will help keep the unwanted pounds off.

3.) Go to bed earlier. When we were on Medifast, Steven and I would be out by 9:30 (10 was usually our 'late' time) and we woke up around 6:30-6:45 and felt great. We had plenty of energy. I also think we could use the time in the morning to go for our walks then and get back to exercising. I know the pups would enjoy a good, long stretch in the morning.

I love challenging myself and seeing what I can accomplish.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work. Small baby steps can accomplish so much.

    ReplyDelete