Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Obstacles overcome, small victory for us.

I really owe this to my friend, J.D., who pushed and pushed me to temp. Here's an update on what was floating in our minds and why I consider this a small victory:

1.) I wasn't ovulating. According to FF (so far) I have indeed ovulated and that is one step closer to baby.

2.) I was ovulating later in the cycle. This would mean I had a shorter LP - or luteal phase - and could possibly not have enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy or not enough time to implant before my menses. This was not the case as the cycle showed I ovulated on Day 10 2 days earlier than my calendars had been telling me and earlier that I anticipated. This brings really good news as it means I have a longer LP!

3.) We weren't timing things right. I looked back at my pathetic charting from the previous months and saw we were all over the place. Sometimes we were consistent and others not so much. I felt like I had wasted time and if I had just started this process earlier, we probably would have a baby by now. Yet I also know Jesus is trying to tell us/teach us something.

I feel refreshed and ready for this. Maybe this is our cycle, maybe it isn't, but at least if we continue on we have the tools needed to carry on. Who knows, there may still be a problem, but at least we can narrow down the list using the information we've received.

:)

2 comments:

  1. That really is a great way to figure out your body. I use a book andn computer program called "Taking charge of your fertility". http://dev.ovusoft.net/ It's a great book with pictures and all kinds of great information. I've used it for almost two years now and can tell EXACTLY when I am fertile or not. On the other end of things...I use it to NOT get pregnant. :) Good luck to both of you. You deserve an amazing baby!! God knows this, and he also knows the desires of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari - funny thing is I've had that book for almost a year. I saw too many women going crazy temping and thought the worst so I didn't touch it and thought I'd just let things be. I'm now kicking myself in the rear wondering why I didn't do it sooner. :)

    ReplyDelete