Thursday, June 10, 2010

12 hours and counting!

I know it's just a simple appointment to get fingerprints, but it feels like such a HUGE milestone to us and we can't help but be excited and giddy.

I also recently "met" another mother who is adopting from Japan. She is a wealth of information and pointed me to some really great places where other adoptive parents gather and exchange info. I didn't know we needed it until I had it!!

Everything is slowly becoming more real. I visualize the day we get a call saying our baby's birth mother has picked us, I dream about holding Baby G. for the first time and crying, and I get goosebumps thinking about our "welcoming ceremony" for Baby G where everyone will get to meet him/her and dote upon our baby. And, if God sees it in His plan, hopefully we'll be coming home with 2 babies!!

Thank you all for your continued support. S. & I love you more than words can explain.

2 comments:

  1. That's so great that you got to talk to another mom adopting from Japan! Must have been hugely helpful. We're counting the moments down for you and S. too :)

    By the way, you probably already know but if you type "Thriving for Baby" into Google, your blog is the 3rd or 4th link... very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm in google! I actually had someone else randomly find my blog through google. Here's to technology.

    ReplyDelete