Saturday, June 19, 2010

Inner debate

I've been waffling on whether or not we should just "let the cat out of the bag", so to speak, and just update everyone or keep on trekkin' as planned and let our baby announcement do the talking after everything is said and done.

S. couldn't care less with what we do and supports whatever is done...I guess we'll just leave it be for now.

On another note - we're in another waiting game. We completed our last round of government fingerprints a week and change ago and are now waiting on our letter saying that we're super clear to head overseas to adopt.

This weekend S. and I are finishing up our photo book and our letter to a prospective birth mother. Once that and our letter is finished we then wait to head in to our Adoption agency in August to meet with everyone and go over our completed dossier. We then get put on a list! Hearing that we are finally prospective adoptive parents will just be one of our happiest days ever because at that point it is all out of our hands in the hands of Jesus and a birth mom.

While S. and I try to remain patient, it gets a little harder at each passing month that we do not have a baby to hold and love of our own. Your prayers and support help so much and for that, we sincerely thank you.

3 comments:

  1. There are never enough prayers! :) I, personally, would NOT let the cat out of the bag. Soon you'll be getting the "any word yet?" questions constantly. That will make it A LOT harder to play the waiting game for a baby. I know how hard it is to keep something so monumentous to yourself but I think it'll make it easier in the long run. Plus you always have your blog and our group to get everything off your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a smart lady! <3 you. I guess I am just getting tired of the 'other' question - 'when are you guys having a baby?' But I must stay the course, you are so right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My advice...do what feels right. Go back to the start of all this and remember why you wanted to keep it a secret in the first place and see if those reasons still hold near and dear to your heart. Pray about it and do what feels right. If you still feel convicted to hold true to your secret, then do so. WE will ALWAYS be here for you on your blog!! If you feel like now is the time to start telling people, then SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS!! :)
    I think you will find that you have nothing but support from friends and family. You are doing an amazing thing!
    Good luck on your decision and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete