Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Alert the troops!

Apparently I'm the only one strong enough to keep news of our adoption from the world (that's actually supposed to be funny as I'm the blogger who has been doing nothing but 'alerting the world'). After a conversation with my mother and S. - I was made to feel like I'm making this bigger than it is and there's no reason to hold back from the world.

What were my reservations? Well after numerous adoption groups and blogs, it seems many adoptive parents got insanely overwhelmed because all their friends and families would constantly ask for updates. They would also get the occasional rude comment. Those were things I didn't feel ready for and felt content with keeping our little journey a secret to the immediate friends and family.

But, alas, my husband is getting anxious to spread the word and I know my mother is right behind him. We're 7 months into our journey and after August - it's anybody's guess as to when we'll be picked to adopt Baby G. from Japan.

So, dear trusted blog readers, friends, and family who have followed this journey with us - it is time to let the whole world know that we will be proud parents of a lovely child (or two! - God willing) from Japan.

3 comments:

  1. So, how did breaking the big news go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was both overwhelming and underwhelming. :) A lot of great support but surprisingly NO questions asked. I had some in conversations with friends after I initiated, but none right off the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea! You have a lot of supportive friends. Congratulations!! :) Your baby(ies) is(are) will be in your arms BEFORE you know it!! :) I hope our babies share birthday's!! :)

    ReplyDelete