Sunday, July 4, 2010

We will call her Jackie

So S. and I did well on our yard sale yesterday (thank you, mom squared, for your donations as they helped!) and met a great and animated lady that made the morning so fun.

Her name is Jackie. She was so happy about us adopting, just bought as much as $9 could buy her. And through her shopping experience we got to know one another - she's a grandmother and just loves it. She also just lost about 150+ lbs and made me feel her hip bone! SHE HAS ONE! She was so proud of her accomplishment and so was I!

S. was put to job going through her massive coin purse to find the rest of her payment to us. It was hilarious. She even wanted to buy him at one point to do her windows!

As Jackie was leaving she yells out to us, "well I'm glad I could help! Be sure to name her Jackie for me." S. quips back, "we'll put it on the list and thank you!"

Thank you, Jackie, for bringing some light into our lives - even if it was for only a second.

2 comments: