As many of you loyal readers know, S. and I have gone super healthy with our eating and have been planning out our meals. I've been keeping a photo log, if you will, of what we've made and eaten on facebook, but want to bring the meals and the recipes here where they belong!
Now, as the name of this one suggests, I made this after having one-too-many drinks, so I unfortunately do not have pictures, but trust me this turkey meatloaf is legit.
Here's the recipe to M.'s One-Too-Many Turkey Meatloaf (keep in mind I didn't measure ANYTHING and just threw it all in a bowl...):
1 lb of ground turkey
2 farm fresh eggs
about 1/4 cup of panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
about 2-3 tbsp of minced onion
salt to taste
and lots of fresh ground pepper (I did like 8-10 grinds)
couple dashes of dried thyme
a few pinches of dried basil
1. Heat oven to about 375 deg.
2. Dump everything into a mixing bowl and mix ingredients with your fingers - it's fun!
3. Put everything into a bread loaf pan.
4. Drizzle a little bit of extra vir. olive oil, some salt/pepper and then lightly top with more panko.
5. Put in oven and bake at about 45 min. but check on it around the 35-40 min mark just in case.
6. Take out and enjoy!
I've always wondered what to do with ground meats when you're too sloshed to cook. This sounds easy enough, and I look forward to trying it out! Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to give it a try. My cooking skills are very limited and everything I make seems to turn out so bland. Sigh. Wish me luck with the cooking and Mike luck with the eating!
ReplyDeleteYou'll do fine! :D It's super yummy!!
ReplyDelete