Saturday, January 9, 2010

Live, love, and, above all, Laugh!

Last night we went out with some very old family friends of S.'s (about 20 years!) and had a fabulous night. During the night, the hostess went around and shared a fond memory of how her and her guests met - giving us insight into the strangers we were meeting (as the only tie all of us had was our lovely hostess).

She gets to me and starts talking about how she feels S. and I seem to have a connection and use humor a lot in our relationship. And how she wants to get to know that more. At first I smiled and agreed, but after really thinking about it, I am so incredibly happy to have heard our relationship explained like that.

This morning S. decided to finish putting the hardware on our kitchen cabinets (finally after 3 years! haha) and he went and also fixed the handle on the freezer door. I was super happy, made a joke that he's like MacGyver, he rushes to youtube to put on the theme song, and I respond with "Ohhh! inspiration, eh?". He then responds yes, starts dancing before returning to work and I laughed my butt off.

Not that this is just as hilarious to anyone else, but my point is that this guy is my best friend and I love laughing with him and love the fact that others see that.

Our recent news hasn't even changed this fact one bit. As a matter of fact, it's the humor that has gotten us through and made us stronger. Actually, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in all my life as I have the past week. S.'s humor is amazing and I really hope one day, if those of you reading haven't already, get to experience it.

And it seems I've put a few people in suspense with my previous posts, so I'll add a quick update here:

I ovulated late this month, so I go in for my progesterone test on the 13th.
S. went in for his ultrasound on Thursday and we'll get the results next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment