Jesus has been talking to us very loudly recently and I couldn't be more happy at that fact. I mean how many times do we sit there and say, "JESUS, Can you PLEASE be more clear about what you want me to do?!" or "Please just get down here and tell me the plan?!" And here He is, doing just that.
I feel very empowered by this, however I know it won't be easy to follow. I have distractions every which way I turn and I know I'm not helping S. at all.
At any rate, here is where we stand:
First, I was told that Jesus wants to instill patience in me (as it's never been a virtue of mine). And with that, He blatantly told me to wait for a baby.
At the time I thought He meant to just stop trying for a baby until this time next year (and it still may be this) but we just had a new twist in the story that will lead me to our prayer request.
We met with S.'s doctor today. He really feels that surgery is the answer, but gave us the long laundry list of potential complications. I know that is standard, but I think it hit both of us hard. A part of me was like "DO THE SURGERY HAVE A BABY!!!!!" but everything else was not jiving with that. And, apparently, it was the same with S..
We said we'd need to talk it over and will let them know if we wanted to schedule the surgery.
On our way back to the office, we kind of talked it up and I mentioned adoption. Typically S. is usually against adoption - no I take that back - he's not against, he just would rather try for our own baby as much as possible. Anyway, he sat there for a second and then nodded his head.
First it really excited me that the mention of adoption was now seeming like a viable option, but then I also realized just how much he was wanting to avoid surgery. My heart breaks for the love of my life.
At any rate, we have a LOT of prayer ahead of us to make the decision Jesus wants for us and that is where my request for prayer comes in. Thank you - it means a lot to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment